· Morning mail: Lancet retracts Covid-19 paper, Floyd memorial, walking with wombats →
A new national security test will be added to Australia’s foreign investment regime, allowing the federal treasurer to vet any significant investments in businesses that have national security ramifications.
· Wage reductions and summer matches loom for England's top players →
With senior staff members and the head coach, Eddie Jones, already committed to pay cuts of 25% or more, a significant reduction in the players’ current £23,000 match fees seems likely.
The New York Times
· How Much Watching Time Do You Have This Weekend? →
“For me to get Noah to a place where he can accept his present and start working on a better future, he has to resolve the trauma from his past,” Karamo Brown says in the first episode, which is true and significant — but also strange to hear in the intonation of a game show host who’s encouraging you to come back after this commercial break.
· Barr defends White House use of force, claims protesters were violent →
But a number of experts who track such behavior online said they haven't seen any significant foreign campaign surrounding Floyd and the protests that have cropped up nationwide in response to his death.
· German prisoner is ‘strongest Madeleine McCann suspect yet’ →
The development is “potentially very significant”, the McCanns believe.
· Vaccinate Your Investments From Pandemic Market Swings With The Vanguard Wellington And Wellesley Funds →
However, what I am saying to readers is that for long-term investors, the Wellesley and Wellington balanced funds can provide substantial capital gains growth, solid income from dividends and bond distributions, significant downside protection from bear market losses, and make the ups and downs of market volatility much easier to tolerate.
The New York Times
· Why Some Democrats Worry About the Whiteness of Biden’s Inner Circle →
But interviews with more than three dozen donors, activists and Democratic officials inside and out of the campaign found that many viewed the racial composition of the Biden brain trust just as significant in terms of how he can unite the broad spectrum of the Democratic Party in 2020 and, if elected, govern in 2021.
· Change Healthcare Inc. (CHNG) CEO Neil de Crescenzo on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Building upon the relationships we established with this work, we have also signed two significant commercial agreements for ongoing projects with several more being negotiated.
· Cloudera, Inc. (CLDR) CEO Rob Bearden on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Significant changes in the future could cause us to modify our guidance.