The New York Times
· ‘Please, I Don’t Have Insurance’: Businesses Plead With Protesters →
He watched videos posted on social media of masked young people of all races swarming through the smashed front windows and leaving with pieces of clothing and accessories worth hundreds of dollars each.
· George Floyd: Donald Trump under fire as violence flares across America →
Breaking into small groups, some set cars ablaze, smashed windows with bats and rocks and looted shops downtown.
· George Floyd protests: the US cities that became hotspots of unrest →
Curfew is mandated from Sunday afternoon until 8am Monday morning after what started as a demonstration where people wore masks against the coronavirus and distributed hand-sanitizer, food and water, escalated and businesses were smashed up.
· Netflix, Amazon, Hulu say black lives matter →
Demonstrators in other locations reported that police cars windows were being smashed.
· Clashes, looting and buildings torched: US protesters defy curfews in dozens of cities →
Protesters have defied curfews in place across dozens of US cities, setting cars alight, smashing windows and clashing with police.
· George Floyd: violence flares in cities across US as protests spread →
Dumpsters and a car near the White House were set on fire, and the windows of some businesses were smashed.