“Soar” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Best Hammocks to Let You Sway Away From Crowds →
Sales of solo loungers have soared as folks look for ways to relax in open air, a reasonable distance away from the madding crowds.
The New York Times
· Practicing Architecture in a Pandemic →
Glenn D. Lowry, MoMA’s director, said Ms. Diller pushed the museum to take risks in creating new spaces for artists and the public, like a soaring projects room with a second-floor overlook.
· Burundi opposition takes poll dispute to constitutional court →
The regime tightened its grip on the country, and allegations of rights violations by security forces have soared in recent years.
· Coronavirus latest: at a glance →
The number of Americans who have lost their jobs in the past 10 weeks soared to more than 40 million as the number of unemployment claims continued to rise with 2.1 million people filing for unemployment last week.
· When Nottingham Forest retained the European Cup 40 years ago →
A save from a Felix Magath free-kick early on set the tone for Shilton’s evening, his levels of concentration soaring through the roof as Hamburg probed all night.
· Bike buying guide: Everything you need to know about frame sizes, saddles and accessories →
It only takes a few seconds for a thief to disappear down the road on your pride and joy, and sadly, reports of bike theft have soared since the coronavirus crisis started.
· Lite Access Technologies - An Essential Business In The Booming U.K. Telecom Build →
With soaring bandwidth needs due to Covid-19 coupled with the U.K.’s desire to raise its relatively low ranking in FTTH availability compared to other EU countries, fiber builders have been deemed essential businesses and have been allowed to continue to work through the Covid-19 crisis.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Continues to Disrupt Prescription Drug Supplies →
Demand for hydroxychloroquine had soared following reports that the drug, also taken to treat malaria, could treat coronavirus patients, a claim President Trump had promoted at a White House briefing on March 19.
· Still lives: It takes planning, not just talent, to be remembered as a great artist →
Amid soaring prices, her auction record has been stuck since 2003.