“Soar” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Britain can prosper again if we ignore the doomsters and gloomsters, says LEO McKINSTRY →
Without it, our country could have sunk into the abyss of mass business failures, soaring poverty and unprecedented levels of unemployment.
· Bursa Malaysia ends morning session firmer →
The FBM 70 gained 45.04 points to 14,946.81 and the FBM ACE soared 300.80 points to 10,432.88.
· Buy Golden Nugget Online Gaming For Exposure To A Fast-Growing Industry And A Business Model Built For Social Distancing →
We have seen the valuations soar for many stocks that provide online services or enable social distancing.
· Swimming pool sales skyrocket in US, Europe as consumers splash out on COVID-19 cocoons →
Sales of easy-to-build pools by the home equipment distributor Leroy Merlin in Spain soared more than 200per cent in the first six months of 2020 from a year earlier and stores are now out of stock, said head of products Ines Egea.
· (News Focus) With star-studded release calendar, August poised to be colossal month for K-pop →
According to the Korea Music Content Association-operated Gaon chart, the number of top 100 albums sold during the first half of 2020 soared 42.1 percent on-year to 16.42 million, with BTS alone moving 4.26 million records of its latest album just in South Korea.
· Aussie retail platform BigCommerce shines on debut →
BigCommerce priced its initial public offering of 9 million shares at $US24 each, valuing the company at $US6.5 billion ($9 billion), however the shares soared to $US91.80 during the session and closed at $US72.27.
· Chicago says students will stay home, New York erects COVID-19 checkpoints →
Cases are down 5 per cent nationally but soared last week in Oklahoma, Montana, Missouri and 17 other states.
· UK staycation boom lifts sales of camping gear →
Roofbox sales have soared by 165% and bike racks are selling at a record rate, suggesting cars and bikes will be put to more use this summer.
· Long bombs and super shots: time to get back to the future →
Heels flapping over the circle edge, lining up her distant target, steely determination in her eye as she sends the ball soaring, arcing, as if by some ancient magic inexorably towards its destination.
· A Shattered Beirut Leaves Lebanese Asking If They Have a Future →
The blast has put the country’s leading port out of action and destroyed the main grain silos, ensuring prices will soar higher as supply chains are disrupted.