|soldier and politician||兵士と政治家|
|soldier who fought||戦った兵士|
· 2 more service members test positive for new coronavirus →
The soldier based in Pocheon, some 45 kilometers north of Seoul, has been in isolation after coming into close contact with an outside counselor who was infected with COVID-19 late last month, according to the ministry.
· Isaias strengthens back into a hurricane and heads for Carolinas and East Coast →
Up to 150 National Guard soldiers have been activated to help prepare for the storm and assist in the aftermath if necessary, Cooper said.
Chiang Rai Times
· Flooding from Heavy Rains Forces People from their Home in Chiang Rai →
The soldier, who has been helping villagers in floods across northern Thailand in recent weeks, said: ‘The floods can destroy my house but not this beautiful dog.’ Heavy rain caused flash floods which submerged homes in more than 44
· How Chad Wolf became Trump’s favorite DHS chief →
Nowadays Wolf’s posts generate pages of comments denouncing him as a fascist and the toady of an authoritarian president-- or praising him as a loyal Trump soldier.
· Chad Wolf emerges as Trump’s favorite Department of Homeland Security chief →
Nowadays, Wolf’s posts generate pages of comments denouncing him as a fascist and the toady of an authoritarian president — or they lionize him as a loyal Trump soldier.
The New York Times
· Juan Carlos, Spain’s Former King, Quits Country Amid Multiple Investigations →
In 1981, the king helped stop a military coup by making a televised broadcast in which he ordered soldiers to return to their barracks.
· Somehow MLB’s Horrible COVID Plan is Failing →
Sports, MLB is just going to soldier on and have teams stricken by coronavirus makeup games “even if they don't play a full 60-game season.”
· Massive ISIS attack in Afghanistan kills 29, frees hundreds of prisoners →
Afghan soldiers arrive at the prison in Jalalabad.
· Spain's 'democracy king' Juan Carlos flees under weight of scandal →
He was credited with helping to defuse an attempted coup in February 1981 by soldiers who stormed into parliament shooting and who held lawmakers hostage for several hours.
· World War 3 fears: China deploys terrifying bombers in striking distance of Indian troops →
Tensions between Beijing and New Delhi have escalated over recent weeks after at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed during a conflict in the Galwan Valley, in Ladakh.