“Source” in the news
|source of income|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Coronavirus Victoria: everything we know about Melbourne's Covid-19 clusters →
No further cases have been announced and investigations are ongoing into the source.
The Japan Times
· North Korean defectors face wrath of both Seoul and Pyongyang →
The dispute exposes a potential source of tension between South Korea and its key security ally as Seoul prepares for the arrival Tuesday of Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun, the Trump administration’s top nuclear envoy.
· Global shipbuilding orders at historic low in H1 →
SEOUL, July 7 (Yonhap) -- Global new orders of ships fell to a historic low in the first half of the year amid the coronavirus pandemic, industry sources said Tuesday.
· China Warns ‘Consequences’ If Treated as Hostile by U.K. →
(Excerpt) (Source: Bloomberg)
· White House says US is 'a leader' in fighting coronavirus, despite rising infections – video →
· China launches political policing task force: State media →
SOURCE: Al Jazeera and news agencies
· Japan's household spending drops at record pace as virus hits economy →
Still, the Bank of Japan is expected to roughly maintain its view the economy will gradually recover later this year, sources familiar with its thinking told Reuters.
· Ties With Merck Could Explain Kitov's Market Interest →
· Venture Firms Say We Didn’t Seek Bailouts Despite What Data Show →
After several comparatively large entities got funding during the PPP’s initial rollout, the Trump administration warned companies that had access to other sources of capital that they likely didn’t qualify for PPP loans.
· Hong Kong police granted sweeping security surveillance powers →
The police chief can ask international political organisations - including those in Taiwan - to supply information on their activities in Hong Kong including personal data, sources of income and expenditure.