“Speech” in the news
|freedom of speech|
|gave a speech|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Pelosi rips Trump for 'degrading' plan to give nomination acceptance speech from the White House →
Several legal and political ethics experts aired their frustrations about Republicans' plans to use White House grounds for the acceptance speech, saying it puts Mr Trump's advisers in legal jeopardy.
· Meghan Markle to interview journalist on gender and representation in the newsroom →
Last month, the former Suits actor stressed the importance of “drowning out the negative voices” while delivering a speech to young girls at the virtual 2020 Girl Up Leadership Summit.
The New York Times
· Diana Russell, Who Studied Violence Against Women, Dies at 81 →
“I immediately became very excited by this new word, seeing it as a substitute for the gender-neutral word ‘homicide,’” she said in a 2011 speech.
· House Democrats to Facebook: 'Do more' about harassment and hate targeting women →
More than 30 House Democrats including Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York have signed a letter asking Facebook executives Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg to address hate speech targeting women — particularly for women candidates and political leaders.
· Belarus’s Lukashenko faces a surging political newcomer. The response is familiar crackdowns. →
People were plotting a “massacre” in Minsk, he declared in a televised speech this week.
· Apple 27-inch iMac review →
Don’t mind the slurred speech (Bell’s palsy sucks, don’t get it), but the audio is perfectly suited for a Zoom call.
· Queen Elizabeth II’s heartbreaking confession about Prince Andrew revealed →
DON'T MISSMeghan Markle accused of ‘abandoning theatre patronage’ amid COVID-19 [INSIGHT]Queen ‘ahead of the curve’ on key coronavirus craze [ANALYSIS]Prince Harry’s ‘nod to Joe Biden’ in explosive video speech [REVEALED]
· GENYOUth CEO Alexis Glick: Let's face it, distance learning is here to stay →
Try, also, to keep in mind a piece of advice I used in a Zoom commencement speech earlier this summer, and that I believe to my core: change is the price of survival.
· Seth Meyers on Trump's interview fiasco: 'His brain is pureed cottage cheese' →
The morning show also asked Trump about reports that he’s considered giving his acceptance speech for the Republican presidential ticket from the White House instead of the convention in Florida; Trump said such a decision would be “easiest from the standpoint of security” in a “beautiful setting” where he’s spent a lot of time.
· Meghan Markle and Prince Harry set up company behind charity name change a YEAR ago →
DON'T MISSQueen ‘ahead of the curve’ on key coronavirus craze [INSIGHT]Prince Harry’s ‘nod to Joe Biden’ in explosive video speech [REVEALED]Meghan and Harry will 'always be tied' to Kate and William's work [EXCLUSIVE]