· 'The big show': US poised to return to human spaceflight with historic launch →
The money has been mostly split two ways, to SpaceX and its rival Boeing, whose uncrewed test flight of the Starliner human-rated capsule ended in partial failure in December, pushing back its next launch attempts to 2021.
· Modern Problems, Primitive Solutions: A Glimpse into Archaic Protein Synthesis Systems →
Interestingly, in a primitive microorganism, Nanoarchaeum equitans, the genes coding for each AlaRS subunit α and β are split, with the two genes being separated by half the length of the chromosome.
The New York Times
· Is This the Breakout Star of Virtual Fitness? →
(On three occasions, Mr. Calpito has broadcast on a split screen that showed the actress Vanessa Hudgens and Lisa Rinna, a star of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” doing their Torch’d workout.
· Theatre streaming services: Support the industry during lockdown →
For the first 80,000 downloads, The Mackintosh Foundation will donate £5 to be split between the charities Acting for Others, the Musicians’ Union Coronavirus Hardship Fund and Captain Tom Moore’s Walk for the NHS fund.
· New Freeze-Resistant Trichinella Species Discovered →
“Evolutionarily, the evidence shows that Trichinella chanchalensis split off from the other known Trichinella species about 6 million years ago, making it a very old species among Trichinella,” Thompson said.
· Race-by-race tips and preview for Canterbury on Wednesday →
How to play it: Supremo each-way.Odds & Evens: Split.
The New York Times
· Remember the MOOCs? After Near-Death, They’re Booming →
On certificate courses, mainly in technology and business subjects, the split is 50-50.
· Why Night Time Is The Right Time For The Smart Money In Stocks →
To this point, I wasn't surprised when I learned that the financial markets also display a surprising day/night split in their return profiles.
· LiveRamp Finally Gets Its Day In The Sun →
Sure, it wasn't profitable (it still isn't) and it wasn't always cash flow positive (since splitting off from Axicom), but it could easily afford to keep investing in growth given its enormous cash hoard (still $700 million despite outsized share buybacks).
· 'A smile on his face': Catalans coach hopeful to retain Folau →
Folau's signing with Catalans caused plenty of drama at the time given Folau had been frozen out of the NRL because of the homophobic comments he made on social media that led to a messy split with Rugby Australia.