|population was spread||人口が広がった|
|spread to other||他に広がる|
· Truck rams into protesters in Tulsa, Oklahoma →
Social distancing is the most effective way to slow the spread of the coronavirus — more so than face coverings and eye protection — according to a meta-analysis published Monday in The Lancet.
· Boxer Mayweather set to pay for Floyd’s funeral →
Criticism has grown in recent days that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's sudden lockdown of 1.3 billion Indians in March has failed to halt the spread of the disease while destroying the livelihoods of millions of people who depend on daily wages.
· Misinformation and coronavirus hand-in-hand in Ecuador outbreak →
By the time the coronavirus pandemic spiraled out of control in Ecuador, misinformation was already spreading on the internet with reports of corpses being thrown into the sea, bodies washing up on beaches and miracle cures aplenty.
· WHO pushes to keep ties with 'generous' US despite Trump's exit move →
Asked about potential health risks from protests that have flared up in the United States over racism, another WHO official, epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkhove, said close contact could heighten the risk of spreading the Covid-19 disease.
· Saudi seeks to raise $2.3 bn in Yemen donor conference →
The UN says COVID-19 has likely already spread throughout most of Yemen, while the Yemeni government has officially recorded only a few hundred cases.
· Pakistan prime minister defends lifting lockdown, urges nation to 'live with the virus' →
“This virus will spread more.
· Minneapolis volunteers clean up streets after Floyd protests →
The protests have since spread to more than 100 cities nationwide, with protesters marching against Floyd's death and other acts of police violence.
· Fauci says his contact with Trump has 'dramatically decreased' →
Now there are worries that protests across the country, after police in Minneapolis killed George Floyd last week, will spread more coronavirus – while America’s top public health expert is pushed to the margins.