“Spring” in the news
|during the spring|
|spring and summer|
Publications and example sentences
· Prisoners locked down during the war used intellect and creativity to survive →
For layabouts like me, sat at home, a different war story springs to mind.
· Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) CEO Joe Sanderson on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The volatility caused by this event is probably best illustrated by the range of market prices this spring for boneless breast meat produced at our plants that target food service customers.
· 18 Vogue Editors’ Picks from the New Common Threads Amazon Fashion Store →
New York may be insisting on serving us up the coldest spring ever but these are helping me turn my eyes towards summer.
The New York Times
· F.B.I. Once Investigated Trump Campaign Adviser’s Ties to Egypt →
Mr. Phares joined the foreign policy team that Mr. Trump assembled in the spring of 2016 as his surprise ascendance to the Republican nomination for president prompted the party establishment to openly question his lack of foreign policy experience.
The New York Times
· When Are Sports Coming Back From the Coronavirus Pandemic? →
canceled its winter and spring sports, including its basketball tournaments, and suspended all athletic operations.
· Policy allowing transgender athletes to compete as girls found to violate US law →
The plaintiffs sought to block the participation of Miller and Yearwood, both seniors, from spring track meets, which were later canceled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
· This Social-Media Mob Was Good →
During the Arab Spring and its aftermath, which I studied in the field as a scholar, in places such as Tahrir Square, Cairo, and Taksim Gezi Park, Istanbul, I witnessed numerous examples of social-media fury as protesters’ only tool of deterrence against wrongdoing by the powerful.
· Steven Madden, Ltd. (SHOO) CEO Ed Rosenfeld on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Through early March, we were on track to exceed our internal forecasts and analyst expectations for first quarter on both the top and bottom lines, and we were very optimistic about the balance of the season due to the outstanding early reads we had on spring product, particularly in our Steve Madden women's footwear business.
· Transgender sports inclusion violates others' rights, Trump admin says →
The plaintiffs sought to block the participation of Miller and Yearwood, both seniors, from spring track meets, which were later canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Abercrombie & Fitch's (ANF) CEO Fran Horowitz on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
At the time of our fourth quarter earnings call in early March, the majority of our China stores had just reopened and we were pleased with the start of our global spring selling season across brands.