“Stance” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Magnussen says he opposes racism but thinks kneeling is political →
Kevin Magnussen said on Thursday that he supported Formula One's anti-racism stance, but chose not to take a knee at last Sunday's British Grand Prix to distance himself from the political aspects of the Black Lives Matter campaign.
· England legend Ben Stokes is a 'national icon' and the country's best EVER - Graeme Swann →
DON'T MISSEngland star Jofra Archer free to return for third West Indies test [LATEST]Ben Stokes reveals England stars' stance on Jofra Archer after blunder [QUOTES]England stars fume at Jofra Archer as breach forces West Indies axe [ANALYSIS]
· Liverpool museums appoint historian in residence to tell story of slavery across their venues →
“Although the Black Lives Matter movement has been brought to the fore due to recent tragic events, National Museums Liverpool had already been making strides in our work to ensure our anti-racist stance is clear.
· The Progressive Corporation (PGR) CEO Tricia Griffith on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
They took a different stance than we did in terms of taking the two credits in April and May.
· AWP And IGR: Hedge Against Inflation - Buy Real Estate →
Back in April, we reiterated our bullish stance on Aberdeen Global Premier Properties Fund (AWP), a global real estate closed-end fund.
· SIAA Superlatives: Best Offensive Fits →
Dellinger has classic tackle movement skill with his urgency out of his stance and snap quickness.
· Bankers call RBI pause a prudent step, hail regulatory moves →
It maintained the accommodative stance and promised to act the moment inflation ebbs.
The Japan Times
· Japan complicit in nuclear threat, ICAN chief says →
Beatrice Fihn, executive director of the nongovernmental organization, condemned Japan over its stance regarding nuclear weapons as Thursday marked 75 years since the U.S. atomic bombing of the city of Hiroshima.
· August 2020 Stocks - Financials, Real Estate, Industrials, IT And Pharma →
It of course comes with disclaimers I note when I make scoring and stances - everyone needs to make their own choices, after all.