“State” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Greenlane Holdings, Inc.'s (GNLN) CEO Aaron LoCascio on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our distribution centers remained open as many state governments have deemed cannabis businesses as essential and out of an abundance of caution our U.S. retail outlets remained closed while our European outlets have recently opened in a limited capacity.
· The Toro's (TTC) CEO Rick Olson on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We are on track to achieve or exceed our stated synergy targets.
· Auto Trader Has A Resilient Business Model At A Great Price →
This method relies on how the business has been priced given its current state, and the state hasn't deteriorated so in my opinion the shares are trading at a sale price.
· Putin declares emergency over massive Arctic fuel spill →
Putin declared a national state of emergency following a leak of ~20K tons of diesel fuel from a power station in the Arctic.
The New York Times
· ‘Europe Finally Got the Message’: Leaders Act Together on Stimulus →
The federal government is largely leaving the decision up to states, and some state leaders are leaving the decision up to local authorities.
· Facebook to label Russia's Sputnik, Iran's Press TV and China's Xinhua News →
The company announced plans last year to create a state media label, but is introducing the tool amid a deep crisis over its hands-off treatment of misleading and racially charged posts by US President Donald Trump.
· Visa Inc. (V) Al Kelly Presents at Piper Sandler Global Exchange & FinTech Conference (Transcript) →
And I certainly get very, very concerned if somebody steps in and says, let's try to adjust pricing at a time when we should be doing no harm because I think it could have a wide ranging implications that are not going to be positive in a time where we need to bring countries and states and reopen them and get those small business owners and those restaurants and everybody else is up and going.
· Family of De'von Bailey sues Colorado Springs, claim excessive police force in teen's death →
The family’s suit claims Bailey’s death violated the 1985 Supreme Court decision in Tennessee v. Garner, which states that use of deadly force to prevent the escape of a suspect is constitutionally unreasonable unless the suspect poses a significant threat.
· 'Slide to illiberalism': ex-general joins chorus of condemnation of Trump →
More than 17,000 members of the national guard, a part-time reserve force jointly controlled by the states and the federal government, have been deployed by 23 states to support law enforcement.
The New York Times
· German Prosecutors Dash Hopes of Finding Madeleine McCann Alive →
In December, a German state court convicted Christian B. of the September 2005 rape and robbery of a 72-year-old American woman in her home in Praia da Luz, the Bild newspaper reported.