· SCSS rules relaxed! Retired from job in February, March or April 2020? Invest till June →
In view of the lockdown, the government has taken this step to safeguard the interest of the depositors.
· Emily Maitlis ‘asked for night off’ after BBC said Dominic Cummings intro breached impartiality standards →
In the early hours of Thursday morning, Ms Maitlis tweeted her thanks to her colleague for stepping in, confirming she had asked for the night off.
· Not so smart money: Inside the Dally M betting scandal →
It was revealed on Wednesday that two additional senior executives at Grow Super had stepped aside for the company to conduct an internal review after police raids on properties connected to StatEdge.
· 'These are not Mickey Mouse': TAFE NSW swamped by 100,000 enrolments for free courses →
In a letter to the government, the NSW Teachers Federation said TAFE NSW had taken the unprecedented step of employing assessors rather than fully qualified teachers.
· News Corp defends print closures as upset Nats MPs blast 'absolute disgrace' →
He said the government should step in with more industry support on top of the $50 million public interest newsgathering fund announced earlier this year.
The China Post
· Virus deaths surpass 100,000 in US while cases rise in India →
South Korean health officials warned the resurgence is getting harder to track and social distancing and other steps need to be taken.
· (LEAD) One Army enlistee tests positive for new coronavirus →
In addition, the authorities have put 1,149 service personnel in isolation as a preventive step, the ministry said.
The Japan Times
· Former Emperor Akihito visits palace for first time since March →
The emperor emeritus, who abdicated on April 30 last year as the first Japanese monarch to step down in around 200 years, had been refraining from going out due to the coronavirus pandemic.
· Race-by-race tips and preview for Goulburn on Friday →
Mas Dinero steps up from a strong maiden win at Parkes, although has to overcome a wide draw.How to play it: Judge’s Daughter each-way and trifecta 2,3,8/2,3,6,8,9/2,3,6,8,9.Odds and Evens: Evens.
· UK coronavirus live: test and trace gets under way in England and Scotland →
Nicola Sturgeon is expected to announce “cautious” steps out of lockdown for Scotland.