|social stigma||Sosyal leke|
|stigma associated||Ilişkili damgalanma|
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· A guide to getting off to your own sexual fantasies and imagination →
One of the biggest hurdles to exploring our erotic imaginations is actually the engrained social shame many of us have picked up (even subconsciously) through sexism, homophobia, social stigmas, religion, etc.
· Hannah Gadsby: 'You don’t do a show like Nanette without a tough shell' →
“It would just have become a way to dismiss what I was saying.” Gadsby also needed time to process her diagnosis, not least because the public perception of autism remains a minefield of stigma and generalisations.
· Hottest front-room seats: the best theatre and dance to watch online →
Key Change, now available to stream online, is a fantastic introduction to their consistently impressive work with women who are on the margins of society; in this case, prisoners at HM Prison Low Newton, who devised the 2015 show with the theatre group over several months in order to break down stigma and enlighten audiences.
The New York Times
· Do Runners Need to Wear Masks? →
Possibly, said Alexandra Brewis, a professor in the School of Human Evolution and Social Change at Arizona State University and the author of a book on stigma and global health.
· Mississippi mayor ignores calls to resign over comments on George Floyd's death →
Myla Cox, 17, a student at Brown University, who grew up in Petal, said she faced a stigma at the Ivy League school because she was from Mississippi.
· Sink or swim: How Rick and Morty jumped the shark →
But unless the show finds a way to shake off its stigma and reclaim its place as event TV, it will end up becoming just another cartoon in a multiverse full of them.
The China Post
· What you need to know today about the virus outbreak →
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, says “there should no stigma attached to wearing a mask.”
· Menstrual Hygiene Day: From tampons to CBD oil, everything you need to get through your period →
It's an opportunity to tackle issues such as period poverty, the stigma surrounding periods and raise awareness of the importance of menstrual hygiene.