“Stir” in the news
|caused a stir|
Publications and example sentences
· From evasion to evisceration: how the Cummings lockdown story unfolded →
It was the first Sunday of the month, a couple of hours before the Queen’s stirring promise to the nation that, however hard it was to endure separation from our loved ones, “we will meet again”.
· Cocktail of the week: Larry’s horn →
Build the drink in a similar style to an old fashioned: take a rocks glass, add half the whiskey, vermouth, Cynar and bitters, fill with ice and stir for five to six seconds.
· How to make the perfect pesto — and 5 recipes to get you started →
If you opt for using the food processor, “always pulse in the Parmesan or other cheese at the end or stir it in by hand,” says De Laurentiis.
· Folkestone turns gold and Edvard Munch's selfies – the week in art →
Why people are demanding a retrospective for this Scottish “painter of stirring genius”
· Why did we have to fight so hard to see the 'Palace Letters'? They weren't stashed in the Queen's bottom drawer →
As a Herald letter writer noted this was, “Ardern, Jacinda Ardern, shaken not stirred.”
The New York Times
· Feminist Rap Group in Iceland Looks Abroad After Making a Stir at Home →
The arrival of an all-woman troupe with a clear feminist agenda stirred things up.
· Ethiopian security forces accused of grave human rights abuses →
Amnesty said the opening up of the political space has coincided with politicians stirring up ethnic and religious animosities in their efforts to mobilise support, sparking inter-communal violence and armed attacks in several of the country's regional states.
· Wall Street Week Ahead: Investors eye consumer discretionary stocks as US reopens →
A gradual lifting of lockdowns in some states has stirred hopes for a bounce back for the retailers that make up much of the sector.
· The best home entertainment: from Queer Eye to Dear … →
A paean to the men and women of the Auxiliary Fire Service, it is no propaganda piece but a simple, stirring recreation of the everyday lives and acts of courage of the firefighters.Saturday 30 May, 12.10pm, Talking Pictures TV
· Helen Goh's lemon brownies with winter berries →
Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine; don’t be too vigorous as the butter will splatter.