“Strengthen” in the news
|continued to strengthen|
|order to strengthen|
Publications and example sentences
· Situation at Sino-India border stable, no need for 'third party' intervention: China →
In the summit, the two leaders decided to issue “strategic guidance” to their militaries to strengthen communications so that they can build trust and understanding.
· Alexander & Baldwin: Premiere Hawaiian Real Estate On Sale →
As the company monetizes non-core assets, it is using the proceeds either to strengthen the balance sheet by reducing debt or transferring them into core (real estate) assets.
· COVID-19 and Narco Trafficking: South American countries keen to repatriate prisoners to serve balance sentence in jails back home →
“Such an evolving scenario calls for India to strengthen its strategies in an institutional manner including having a network of agreements and treaties to combat organised crimes and transfer of sentenced persons beyond its immediate neighbourhood especially in Africa, Europe, US and Latin America,” concludes the former envoy.
· England had the chance to prepare for lifting lockdown, but our leaders wasted it →
Much more needs to be done to strengthen the testing regime before it is fit for purpose.
· Digital medicine to be order of the day post-COVID, India poised to leapfrog: Dr Praveen Gedam, NHA [Interview] →
We at the National Health Authority (NHA) have undertaken a lot of measures and steps to strengthen our fight against COVID.
· (2nd LD) Unification minister holds videoconference with WFP chief →
It also said the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to strengthen cooperation for the next five years.
The Japan Times
· America’s mis-police state →
It is well within our power to strengthen the economic and social health of our cities while reforming police methods to encourage conflict de-escalation and resolution.
· US protests: After apology, ex-Miss Universe Malaysia says she will continue speaking her mind, is at peace →
“The lesson never is about anything outside, it’s always to strengthen the quality inside.”
· Lockdown helped Delhi govt strengthen health infrastructure to battle COVID-19: Manish Sisodia →
The complete lockdown has helped the Delhi government in strengthening the city’s health infrastructure to effectively battle COVID-19, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said.
· Salesforce: I Saw It Coming, And It's Still A Buy →
Salesforce had a strong quarter in terms of strengthening relationships with its customers to help them through this difficult time.