“Stress” in the news
|posttraumatic stress disorder|
Publications and example sentences
The China Post
· Take 2 for SpaceX’s 1st astronaut launch with more storms →
At an outdoor news conference Friday, Bridenstine stressed the need for safety for astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken — no matter how many times it takes to launch them in a SpaceX Dragon capsule atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station.
· Niti Aayog explains how India can access carbon credits worth $50-60 billion →
Kumar during a virtual high-level round-table on ‘Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture’ also stressed on the need to make agriculture more knowledge intensive.
· Horce racing back on track as Moscow lockdown eases →
Before re-opening, the hippodrome held a number of qualifying races in April, said Losev, stressing that it was important for horses to exercise.
The New York Times
· Testing Is Key to Beating Coronavirus, Right? Japan Has Other Ideas →
On TV talk shows, hosts took a “no question is too stupid” approach to talking about the virus, assuaging viewers’ anxiety and stressing the basic science of prevention: wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance from others.
· Rishi Sunak confirms furlough scheme to be gradually withdrawn →
The treasury stressed that those qualifying for the scheme, which has already paid out £6.8bn to 2.3 million people, would be able to claim a second and final payment.
· How to turn your daily walk into a workout — or a meditation →
Walking also offers the opportunity to connect with nature, relieve stress and bring more mindfulness to your day.
The New York Times
· Protests in Minnesota Renew Scrutiny of Amy Klobuchar’s Record as Prosecutor →
“She’s our best bet to get disaffected white, blue-collar Democrats who voted for Trump in 2016 back into the Democratic column,” said former Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania, who also stressed that any of the other women under consideration would also bring benefits to the ticket.
· There's a reason why presidents don't go to NASA space launches — but this week, Trump decided to ignore all that →
But Garver stressed that the Obama administration was still able to extend the Shuttle program with two extra flights by asking Congress for funds to make use of remaining flyable launch equipment, including two external fuel tanks.
· Defense Is Still A Viable Offense →
These factor exposures are not cheap given their relative resilience during periods of financial market stress.
· Rina Harun: I am still Bersatu Srikandi chief →
PETALING JAYA, May 29 — “I am still Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) Srikandi (Women’s wing) chief,” Datuk Seri Rina Mohd Harun stressed today in response to claims that she will be leaving the party.