|down the stretch||ストレッチダウン|
|stretch of road||道路のストレッチ|
· Sonic Youth: where to start in their back catalogue →
She’s talking about Sonic Youth’s final stretch of shows, after news broke that she and Moore were splitting due to his extramarital affair.
· Twilio: Coronavirus Accelerating Positive Trends, Downside Ahead →
So, valuations are definitely stretched.
· Too many words of support for Dominic Cummings, yet none for the people in China →
As the prime minister’s chief advisor, is it too much of a stretch to presume that Dominic Cummings played a key part in the decision-making process and that his subconscious judging of the rest of us, by his own moral and societal attitudes and standards, perhaps impacted on his advice.
The New York Times
· Spain’s Courts, Already Strained, Face Crisis as Lockdown Lifts →
“Our system was already very stretched because, unlike in some other countries, people in Spain seem to believe it is always best to let a judge rule rather than try to negotiate a solution in good faith,” she said.
· Man charged over alleged hit-run death of former school principal →
Beach Road has a renowned cycling trail stretching 17 kilometres of the bayside foreshore, with dedicated bike lanes.
· Japan lifts state of emergency after fall in coronavirus cases →
Tokyo’s governor, Yuriko Koike, last week said the capital was in the “final stretch” of its battle with the virus, adding that by exercising caution people would, over time, be able to “reclaim the lives we had before”.
· 100 High Yielders Down Big: These 4 Are Worth Considering →
The pandemic hit at a particularly challenging time for Iron Mountain considering its slow growth in physical storage, its already stretched balance sheet and a critical business growth transition plan into digital.
· ‘Once-in-a-decade’ storm hits Australia leaving thousands without power →
The combined weather system impacted a 1,200km (745 mile) stretch of the west coast from Carnarvon to Cape Leeuwin, said Neil Bennett of the Bureau of Meteorology.
· Why ‘once-in-a-generation’ talent Kai Havertz is wanted by Europe’s top clubs despite £90m price tag →
His assessment on Bayer Leverkusen’s multi-faceted maestro is five years in the making, stretching back to his role as head of elite potential identification at Tottenham – and it is accurate.
· What else happened as coronavirus swept the globe →
It was part of the longest stretch of warm weather ever recorded on the continent, a nine-day heatwave that melted 20% of one island’s snow cover.