“Student” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Deakin Uni to shed 300 jobs as tertiary sector's COVID-19 woes grow →
The budget blow is almost equivalent to the Geelong-based institute’s entire revenue from international students in 2018.
· Japan looking to end Tokyo's state of emergency →
“This outbreak is not just dampening spirits of Eid, but also has made the tradition entirely different,” said Andieka Rabbani, a university student in Jakarta.
The China Post
· Asia Today: More Australians in class, Tokyo measure to ease →
BANGKOK (AP) — Students in two more Australian states returned to school full-time Monday as numbers of COVID-19 patients in hospitals across the country fall.
· 1 kindergarten student contracted coronavirus in Seoul ahead of expanded school reopening →
SEOUL, May 25 (Yonhap) -- A kindergarten student in Seoul has been infected with the novel coronavirus, the city's education office said Monday, leading to the shutdown of several education institutes in Gangseo Ward, where the young patient lives.
· Domestic flight service resumes: Students, migrants take the first flight home after lockdown →
Those who took first flights included paramilitary personnel, army men, students and migrants, who failed to book a ticket on special trains being run by the railways.
The New York Times
· ‘Billions’ Season 5, Episode 4: Hometown Hero →
Speaking of “maybe that’s just me,” I’m not sure how I feel about the show’s portrayal of Chuck and Catherine’s students.
· Pearl Academy transitioned from physical classes to online in just 4 days | Interview →
In an interview with FE’s Vikram Chaudhary, she says the entire faculty and students of Pearl—which has six campuses across India—have adjusted to the new normal, in part because the institute had invested in a learning management system four years ago.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Hong Kong businesses share their struggle for survival amid downturn →
Drama is good because it’s really about helping students express themselves.