“Stunning” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Amtrak Prepares to Cut 20% of Workforce →
To return to even half of the railroad’s past ridership will require “substantial growth over the next 16 months, and it will have to be achieved against a backdrop of stunning unemployment, socio-economic dislocation and a potential recession,” he wrote.
The New York Times
· How NASA’s Astronauts Became SpaceX’s Customers →
“This is a unique moment where all of America can take a moment and look at our country do something stunning again,” Jim Bridenstine, NASA’s administrator, said during a news conference on Tuesday.
· How Trump’s business partner exhumed graves to build a mega-resort in Indonesia →
The Lido Lakes Resort and Conference Center is nestled in a stunning part of Indonesia: between lush and misty mountains about an hour south of the capital city of Jakarta.
· Viomi Technology Co Ltd (VIOT) CEO Xiaoping Chen on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The product will come in 4 sizes, including a high-end 75-inch model with 5G connectivity and 8G -- 8K resolution, delivering stunning life-like scenes.
· Looking Glass starts shipping its 8K holographic display →
The Looking Glass holographic display provides a stunning level of realism, and we look forward to seeing the innovations that emerge with the support of Unreal Engine generated content.
· Actor Cheyenne Jackson reveals he's undergone five hair transplants while opening up about his anxiety →
“Love u - love ur heart - even ur scar is stunning,” Rosie O'Donnell wrote.
· Bobby Digital: Jamaican reggae producer dies aged 59 →
Sizzla’s stunning Black Woman & Child (1997) epitomised this more complex format: although the vocalist often made hastily recorded albums with an array of collaborators, and his second record with Dixon, Da Real Thing (2002), was considered of a high standard.
· VALE- A Volatile Commodity Giant At A Bargain Price →
If the price action in commodities from 2008 through 2011 is a model for the future, we could see a stunning bull market in raw material prices over the coming months and years fueled by the decline in the value of fiat currency.
· Ask a Book Critic: Books to read when you’re losing your purpose →
Kathleen Collins was a brilliant black writer who died in 1988 and was somewhat ignored for a while, but a collection of her short stories came out a few years ago and they’re stunning.
· At home, Merkel wins backing for EU aid U-turn →
It was a stunning U-turn after years of German opposition to joint borrowing, but the risky political gamble appears to be paying off.