“Subsidy” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Victorian childcare centres to get fee help after lockdown decision →
Parents locked down in Melbourne will have their gap fees waived if their children don't attend childcare, while centres will be able to claim subsidies for children who aren't there.
· Centrelink debts have been collected based on income-averaging for '20 to 30 years', minister reveals →
Asked if Services Australia is preparing for increased load of unemployment claims when jobkeeper wage subsidies (administered by the tax office) are phased out in September, Robert said: “Absolutely preparing for it.”
· Currency crisis impoverishes Iranians, strains economic defenses →
With rising taxes, falling subsidies, foreign markets limited by sanctions, and difficulty obtaining hard currency needed for trade, more and more businesses report problems.
· Home loan rates at historic low in 15 years, utilize opportunity before it gets too late: Bullmen Realty →
The PMAY scheme has been extended by the government providing subsidy to the eligible buyers of real estate.
· Beijing Reaches Milestone; Bolsonaro Tested: Virus Update →
The problem is more acute for medium-sized businesses, of which two-thirds say they’ll have to cut jobs when the subsidies expire, according to polling by Opinium and the think tank Bright Blue.
· The UK is playing a dangerous game with China as trade tensions bubble →
If post-Trump America could be persuaded back into the fold, it might also provide the UK with a better framework for free trade with the US than a separate bilateral agreement, which on issues from agricultural subsidies to food standards and financial regulation, is proving problematic.
· D.C. Council reconsiders sweeping police reform bill →
D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson (D) on Monday unveiled his proposed changes to the budget that would increase taxes, including on gasoline, while boosting funding for public housing repairs, rent subsidies and on assistance to undocumented immigrants who do not qualify for federal coronavirus relief aid.
· It's Hard To See A Break-Out With Smaller-Caps Lagging (Technically Speaking For July 6) →
Objective 2: Improve audit market resilience by ensuring that no material, structural cross subsidy persists between the audit practice and the rest of the firm