“Substantial” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Amazon Misses a Shopping Opportunity →
Apps like Uber Eats and Grubhub charge substantial commissions to restaurants — ranging as high as 15 percent to 30 percent in New York.
· Ross Stores: The Contrarian Retail Bet During COVID-19 →
Along with its larger peer TJX, the off-price retailer reported positive same-store sales growth in 2008 and substantial growth in 2009.
· First Came the Virus. Next Come the Storms. →
“If the state is hit with a hurricane that causes substantial damage, our cities and counties have to lay out money first to clean up and then to recover,” Moskowitz said.
· Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio - Q1 2020 Update →
Endo International plc (ENDP), Tech Data Corp. (TECD), and Tiffany & Co. (TIF): These positions saw substantial increases this quarter.
· Kirkland Lake Gold: Weakness Equals Opportunity →
It is quite a surprise because the gold market is experiencing a substantial positive momentum as we speak.
· Coronavirus cases and deaths in New York state continue to drop, Gov. says →
A substantial portion of the manufacturing in the city had been making PPE, but the city does expect some construction to restart.
· Barrick Gold: Solid Miner In Search Of Direction →
Thus, many new investors started to buy gold and created a substantial positive momentum that pushed the price of gold to a multi-year high and closed on Friday at $1,736 per ounce.