“Suffer” in the news
|began to suffer|
|continued to suffer|
|did not suffer|
|likely to suffer|
Publications and example sentences
· Arvinas' ARV-110 Phase 1/2 study hints at efficacy, although only in a narrow subset of patients →
Although two patients had increased liver enzyme levels, due to a problematic interaction between ARV-110 and rosuvastatin; the first patient suffered renal failure, and when the second stopped taking rosuvastatin, his liver enzyme levels normalized and he was able to resume ARV-110 therapy.
· Donald Trump's withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan is an unavoidable recognition of failure →
It looked as if they had suffered a decisive military defeat which had ended forever their rule over Afghanistan.
The China Post
· Disease that began among rich shifts to Latin America’s poor →
“We know this because those who have suffered the most are the poor.”
· The case of Myka Stauffer ‘rehoming’ her autistic adoptive son shows you shouldn’t believe what you see on social media →
Every parent knows that sometimes, parenthood is suffering.
· An athlete, a father, a 'beautiful spirit': George Floyd in his friends' words →
Before his death beneath a Minneapolis police officer’s knee, George Floyd was suffering the same fate as millions of Americans during the coronavirus pandemic: out of work and looking for a new job.
· Defense Is Still A Viable Offense →
Since the market topped in late February, fiscal year 2020 earnings estimates suffered a staggering 40% drop.
· India quarterly growth worst in two decades as lockdown bites →
The key services sector — which contributes 54 per cent of GDP — suffered a severe blow last month, with the purchasing managers index of activity experiencing its sharpest contraction since record-keeping began in 2005.
· Coronavirus kills infant in Switzerland, say authorities →
He said the infant had been treated at a Zurich hospital, but did not say whether it had suffered from pre-existing medical conditions.
The New York Times
· Why Kids Get Emotional About Pooping →
“Kids are extremely reactive, and I think this is one of the reasons many of them suffer from constipation,” said Jericho.
· US floats plan to expel thousands of Chinese college students →
All over the world people are suffering, 186 countries.