“Supply” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Trump hints at action against China over Hong Kong security law →
Trump administration officials and legislators have been exploring ways to encourage US firms to move supply chains for critical products back to the US from China amid steadily worsening ties and bitter recriminations over the coronavirus pandemic, which began in China.
The New York Times
· Michigan Governor Says Husband’s Request Was ‘Failed Attempt at Humor’ →
Part of the reason was to preserve medical-grade masks for health care workers who desperately need them at a time when they are in continuously short supply.
· Cabby jailed for posting fake COVID-19 'intel' on food outlet closures, urging panic buying →
The next day, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong reassured the public that there were sufficient supplies, and Ministry for Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing said that hoarding would deprive others of essential supplies.
· Belarus volunteers plug gaps in supplies to virus-hit medics →
These Belarusian volunteers have stepped in to rush free supplies of much-needed protective equipment to hospitals as authorities in the ex-Soviet state play down the scale of the coronavirus epidemic.
· Airline Round-Up In Coronavirus →
From this regard, betting on the airlines may be something like betting on oil companies: the extreme imbalance between supply and demand is going to result in a huge rebalance on the supply side.
· From the Archives, 1962: Australia commits military support to Thailand →
However, if Thailand required ground forces, these would be supplied.
· Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Barely Holding On After Q1 Report →
The company did change gears to help the COVID-19 effort to start production of hand sanitizers, and the manufacturer of compounds that are in short supply, which could be a fruitful endeavor considering many hospitals are running low on the drugs needed to intubate COVID-19 patients and are lacking the API to produce in-house.
· Surgical masks wash up on Sydney beaches after 40 containers fall off cargo ship →
APL England lost cargo in rough seas off Australia’s east coast, spilling household appliances, building materials and medical supplies overboard
· EVs Are A Niche Product, And Tesla Is Even Losing In This Niche →
Since Tesla reported finished goods inventory, which consists substantially of new cars available for sale, of $1.356 billion at the end of 2019, this low growth is not due to a lack of supply.
· American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD) CEO Cary Dunston on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It is due to this extreme effort that we have been able to continue to run our operations and supply the critical housing industry.