“Supporter” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Ginormous challenge': Boy with cerebral palsy completes marathon →
He was described as “an absolute superstar” and an inspiration by supporters who include athlete Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill and BBC presenter Dan Walker.
The New York Times
· Live From New York, It’s Jazz at a Distance →
Besides reaching out to other potential big-ticket supporters, he’s upgraded Smalls’ livestream technology and redesigned the club’s website to allow for financial contributions, large and small.
· Brexit: UK's smallest firms divert £10bn in exports away from EU →
With much of the growth in countries such as Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, as well as the commonwealth, the research could bolster Brexit supporters’ arguments that Britain can embrace global trading opportunities outside the EU.
· Nothing about the government’s approach to the test track and trace system is ‘well prepared’ →
But of course, being a Labour supporter, I am as pleased as punch with Keir Starmer, whose sole deficit is that he lacks charisma.
· EU trade commissioner Hogan mulling candidacy for WTO chief →
“He’s a strong supporter of a reform agenda for the WTO,” Hogan’s spokesman said.
· FIR against Rabri Devi, Tejashwi for Covid lockdown violation →
They had said they wanted to protest, while maintaining social distancing, against the attack on the family of a party supporter in which case a JD(U) MLA has been named as an accused.
· Demings: 'Long overdue' for nationwide review to address police misconduct →
But none of that will seemingly satisfy the president, who wants a full-scale event with no modifications, including open restaurants and bars where thousands of his supporters can congregate and celebrate, according to these people.
The China Post
· Suriname opposition parties near power following election →
Santokhi also tried to reassure Bouterse supporters.
· ABC stands by 'Life' website as commercial rivals crumble →
Former ABC editorial director Alan Sunderland is a supporter of ABC Life.
· Union kingmakers fear Bain Capital's bid for Virgin Australia →
The workers launched a months-long campaign against Bain and former co-owners KKR and the Vornado Realty Trust, enlisting high-profile supporters including former Democratic Presidential candidates Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.