“Supporter” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Taiwan promises 'support' for Hong Kong's people as China tightens grip →
China has accused supporters of Taiwan independence of colluding with the protesters.
· Taiwan offers help to Hong Kong activists as China tightens grip →
China, which claims Taiwan as its own, has accused supporters of Taiwan's independence of colluding with the protesters.
· Taiwan vows 'necessary' aid to Hong Kong citizens →
Pro-democracy supporters take part in an anti-government rally in Hong Kong, China.
· Football clubs forced to rethink recruitment strategy as virus impacts transfer market →
Around Europe, football is waking up from the coronavirus shutdown, but it is different to before for players and supporters and it is changing behind the scenes too.
· From 'dust' to glory, Liverpool's 'miracle' of Istanbul →
But, roared on by 40,000 travelling supporters in the club's first final in the competition since the Heysel disaster of 1985, Liverpool fought back in a crazy six-minute spell before eventually triumphing on penalties.
· Austria's president apologises for Covid-19 curfew breach – as it happened →
The Daily Mail - usually one of Boris Johnson’s supporters in the press - has called on the prime minister to sack Dominic Cummings, trailing its headline with the following: