“Surface” in the news
|below the surface|
Publications and example sentences
· Zagg's (ZAGG) CEO Chris Ahern on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It started in 2018 with the launch of VisionGuard, our screen protection technology, that filters off half the blue light, followed by the introduction of our antibacterial screen protection last fall that was developed under our partnership with Kastus, a leader in antimicrobial surface protection.
The New York Times
· Powell Says Federal Reserve Crossed Red Lines to Help Economy →
A number of studies of flu, rhinovirus, coronavirus and other microbes have shown that respiratory illnesses, including the new coronavirus, can spread by touching contaminated surfaces, particularly in places like day care centers, offices and hospitals.
· The 20 best personalized Father's Day gifts →
Picture-centric products and gifts for food lovers only scratch the surface of personalized items you can give this Father’s Day.
· Niti Aayog explains how India can access carbon credits worth $50-60 billion →
Agricultural production accounts for 40 per cent of global land surface and is responsible for 70 per cent of projected losses in terrestrial biodiversity.
· Travel, toilets and sharing food: What safety advice should you follow when visiting friends and family? →
This was later clarified by Prof Witty saying that if someone needs to use the bathroom during their visit they should ensure they are thoroughly wiping down all surfaces afterwards.
The New York Times
· Review: ‘Quiz’ Has a Big Question but No Final Answer →
It skates along nimbly on the surface of its mystery and its light social satire — Charles and Diana may have royal-sounding names, but they are, a prosecutor points out, “middle class, middle-aged, middle England” — and is content to stay there.