“Surge” in the news
|surge in popularity|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Your Friday Briefing →
After hundreds of thousands of Indonesians gathered for Ramadan over the past weeks, some experts fear a big surge in cases.
· Government rejected radical lockdown of England's care homes →
Public health officials proposed a radical lockdown of care homes last month to stem surging coronavirus deaths, including staff moving in for four weeks and deploying NHS Nightingale hospitals – but it was rejected by the government, the Guardian has learned.
· Crazy, intense dreams right now? Welcome to the club →
And adrenalin surges can boost recall, which is why we’re more likely to remember them.
· How Square Is Positioning Itself To Take Over The Retail Banks Sector →
Also, as retail investing surged during the stay-home period, Cash App has allowed people to buy equities and bitcoin with widely accessible features such as fractional investing and recurring purchases.
· StoneCo: It's Time To Book Profits →
The second quarter might turn out to be worse than the first, which is something Mr. Market is not taking into consideration as we can see from the recent surge in the share price.
· Barrick Gold: Buying The Dip →
The bullish thesis on GOLD has played out to perfection during this time, and was capped off by the 40% surge last month.
The Wall Street Journal
· Williams Doesn’t See Fed’s Support of Economy Causing Inflation Surge →
Federal Reserve Bank of New York leader John Williams said he sees little risk of an inflation surge despite a wave of central bank support for the economy and financial system prompted by the coronavirus crisis.
· FDA OKs emergency use of Quest nasal specimen kit →
Now read: California hospitals fighting red ink after preparing for COVID-19 surge that never came »
· Workday's Q1 earnings win analyst approval despite cautious outlook →
Workday (WDAY +8.4%) shares surge to their highest since February following mixed Q1 results, with earnings missing expectations while revenues topped consensus amid beats in both Subscription and Services.
· SpartanNash Company (SPTN) CEO Dennis Eidson on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our supply chain worked tirelessly to support the surge in volume, partnering with our suppliers and other distributors to maximize our capacity and most efficiently deliver product to our stores.