“Suspect” in the news
|began to suspect|
|begins to suspect|
|reason to suspect|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Japan Times
· Top official singles out drinking parties and dining as Tokyo virus numbers surge →
Such venues are suspected to be hot spots of infection.
· SI All-American Candidate Trenilyas Tatum Highlights and Evaluation →
Bottom Line: South Carolina is getting a three-year starter at inside linebacker in Tatum, we’d suspect.
· The new Hong Kong, where activists vow to defy 'rule by fear' →
Police no longer need search warrants and can restrict suspects’ movements, freeze their assets and intercept communications for national security cases.
· Citigroup: Good, Just Not Great →
I suspect, however, that strength relative to estimates came from the institutional side of the business, while consumer banking showed evidence of being under pressure.
· NCIS season 18 theories: McGee's sister Sarah to make shock return after huge actor clue →
McGee, Team Leader Gibbs (Mark Harmon) help Sarah out when she becomes the suspect in a murder investigation.
· Top 14's salary cap reduction underlines changing of the guard →
Pollard's Montpellier, owned by Syrian billionaire Mohed Altrad, have been suspected of breaking salary cap rules but had a fine of 400,000 euros revoked for doing so last November.
· Italy returns stolen Bataclan Banksy to France →
However Italy’s AGI has reported that a total of eight people have been arrested, including two French-born Italian suspects, and that a suspected accomplice remains on the run.
· Citigroup Inc. (C) CEO Mike Corbat on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And I suspect probably more applicable to the fixed side than the equity side.
· Seven Ideas for Reshaping Policing in America →
The idea is to make the raid safer for police by giving them the element of surprise, and to prevent suspects from destroying evidence while officers wait to enter.
· SI All-American Candidate Rodney McGraw Highlights and Evaluation →
Polish: Suspect tackling fundamentals.