“Suspend” in the news
|decided to suspend|
Publications and example sentences
· House holds moment of silence to honor the 100,000 dead from coronavirus →
The last match before competition was suspended was on March 9.
· Australian government asks China for same reduction in trade barriers as US →
China has suspended beef imports from four Australian abattoirs on technical grounds and has reportedly drawn up lists of other potential targets for action, such as wine and dairy.
· Horse Racing: Musselburgh to host closed-doors meetings →
Racing in Britain has been suspended since 17 March but fixtures are scheduled to resume on Monday.
· Bolsonaro urges Brazil's Supreme Court to shelve 'fake news' probe →
The president urged the Supreme Court to suspend the investigation and offered to meet with the acting chief justice.
· Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ) CEO Shawn Qu on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Finally, we have suspended our share repurchase program to preserve cash and maximize liquidity in the current market environment.
· Citi Trends, Inc. (CTRN) CEO David Makuen on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We temporarily suspended our quarterly cash dividend beginning in the second quarter, and we appropriately reduced our inventory receipts.
· Lumber Liquidators (LL) CEO Charles Tyson on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We have suspended all overnight travel and other discretionary spending and reduced our advertising spend to enhance near-term liquidity.
The China Post
· Kosovo’s caretaker governing party holds peaceful rally →
Kosovo’s Constitutional Court has suspended the nomination decree until May 29.