“System” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Fluidigm COVID-19 Funding, And Other News: The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Biopharma →
Fluidigm’s microfluidics technology forms the basis for numerous COVID-19 assays programmed to work using its high-throughput Biomark HD system.
· Two weeks to live – coronavirus lockdown II is coming and this time it's all OUR fault →
Similarly, I went to a car-boot yesterday (don't ask...) and the organisers had fastidiously arranged a one way system and social distancing – knowing full-well that non-adherence would see them closed down again in a heartbeat.
· Ernst & Young: Instil discipline in non-financial reporting processes →
However, he noted that the ESG performance reporting generally lacked the rigorous systems and controls that characterise financial reporting.
The Japan Times
· Scientists inspired by ‘Star Wars’ create artificial skin able to feel →
The researchers at the National University of Singapore say it can process information faster than the human nervous system, is able to recognize 20 to 30 different textures and can read Braille letters with more than 90 percent accuracy.
· Japan Is Facing a Rude Awakening →
The medical system isn’t strained, and the number of serious cases in Tokyo has actually fallen.
· Farmers Business Network Raises Funds at $1.75 Billion Valuation →
The financing round was led by BlackRock Inc., with participation from investors including Lupa Systems, T. Rowe Price Associates Inc., GV and Kleiner Perkins.
· Iridium Communications: Growth Continues Despite A Bump In The Road →
In its latest earnings release, the firm did reveal some results that were a little disappointing, but given the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic that should be temporary in nature and the number of subscribers utilizing its system, the firm still offers investors with attractive long-term prospects.
The New York Times
· Poland’s Supreme Court Declares Presidential Election Valid →
The court’s decision was not a surprise in light of sweeping changes to the country’s judicial system introduced by the governing party, moves that drew widespread condemnation from the European Union and international human rights organizations, as well as from Poland’s opposition and some of its judges.
· Debt Markets Are Still Fragile →
The pea of system weakness was shifted from the financial institution shell to the secondary market shell.
· Natural gas weekly summary & Isaias →
Weather - All eyes have been on Tropical Storm Isaias over the past few days, and that will continue through mid-week as the system begins to accelerate northward today.