“Take” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· IGP claims unaware police contacted Parlimen Digital participants, says no offence committed →
Supposedly the police had called them to take statements and I read statements, [that their statements were taken] without lawyers, what is happening here?”
· Power showrunner reveals Tommy Egan will reunite with Tariq St Patrick →
Recently, showrunner Courtney Kemp has taken to Instagram to answer fans’ questions about the upcoming spin-offs as the unexpected hiatus continues.
· UGC Guidelines UGC new Guidelines Final Year Exams 2020 latest news →
The UGC has stated that a decision has been taken in view of the ongoing situation due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
· Private trains in India to be like Train 18? Indian Railways wants these 10 Vande Bharat Express-type features →
We take a look at 10 Train 18-like comforts that passengers can look forward to in private trains:
· Royal revelation: The Queen broke one royal tradition for Meghan Markle →
Chrisann Jarrett, co-founder of We Belong, which is led by young people who migrated to the UK, and Alicia Wallace, director of Equality Bahamas, took part in the discussion with the Duke and the Duchess.
· Brazil's Bolsonaro is tested for coronavirus after being accused of showing symptoms →
President Bolsonaro announced that he had taken a second coronavirus test after reports emerged that he had developed symptoms of the virus.
· Lakers' Dwight Howard Says He'll Play in NBA Restart; Will Donate Game Checks →
Drop your take in the comments 🗣️
· US appeals court rejects GM's call to remove judge from Fiat Chrysler lawsuit →
Circuit Court of Appeals said U.S. District Judge Paul Borman abused his discretion by requiring GM CEO Mary Barra and FCA's head, Mike Manley, to meet face-to-face for reasons unrelated to the case, and without taking into account the risks of travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Victoria records 191 new cases of coronavirus →
Residents are unable to leave their buildings for any reason and were given no notice before the lockdown took effect.
· Nationals, Astros cancel workouts over virus testing delays →
The Arizona Diamondbacks pushed back Monday’s workout a few hours, hoping to get additional results from tests taken on Friday.