“Tanker” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Cost of Shipping Oil Tumbles as Production Cuts Bite →
The cost of shipping oil around the world is sliding as sweeping output cuts by crude producers reduce competition for hiring tankers.
· Golar LNG's (GLNG) CEO Iain Ross on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But as we think about the opportunities, and in the slides you talked about, I saw tanker trucks, some pipeline, other small-scale opportunities.
· Sg Selisik water treatment plant still shut after diesel spill →
Selisek is not able to produce clean water for customers, said corporate communications head Elina Baseri in a statement here.The eight areas are Kampung Sungai Nilam or Kampung Seri Pagi; Kampung Lalang Sungai Selisek; Rumah Murah Pkt 2; Kampung Serigala; Kampung Orang Asli Serigala; Kampung Bahom; Kampung Sekolah and clinic quarters; as well as Kampung Gesir Tengah.Elina said efforts by the Department of Environment (DOE) Perak to remove diesel that spilled into the river after a diesel tanker was involved in an accident at KM 389.2 North South Highway near Behrang, had to be stopped yesterday due to heavy rain.Work will resume this morning to ensure no more diesel in the river.“Assistance through mobilisation of water tankers is still ongoing to distribute emergency water supply to customers in affected areas.
· Sg Selisik water treatment plant still shut as of 7pm →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 28 — Eight areas in Hulu Selangor are still facing unscheduled water supply disruption following the contamination of raw water source due to a crash involving a diesel tanker at KM389.5 of the North-South Highway near Behrang, Selangor yesterday afternoon.
· Antifouling technology: A new robot may help keep ships’ bottoms clean →
Roar Ådland, a shipping economist at the Norwegian School of Economics, in Bergen, says that a midsized oil tanker’s fuel consumption (and also, consequently, its emission of carbon dioxide) drops by around 9% after its hull is cleaned at sea—something that happens, on average, once every six or seven months.
· Venezuela's Maduro considers charging citizens more for petrol →
The announcement follows the arrival of several tankers from Iran carrying much-needed fuel.
· Water supply disruption in Hulu Selangor after diesel spill forces closure of water treatment plant →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 28 — The Sungai Selisik water treatment plant was forced to cease operation at 11.45pm yesterday due to raw water pollution following a crash involving a tanker lorry which caused diesel spill at Km389.5 of the North-South Highway near Behrang, Selangor.
· Heat, water woes and coronavirus: India's perfect storm →
Lakhpat, a resident of the Sanjay Niwas slum settlement, recently waited in vain for over two hours with dozens of others for the scheduled water tanker to arrive.
The Wall Street Journal
· Boeing Details Plans for Mass Job Cuts →
The KC-46A refueling tanker and P-8 naval surveillance jet, both based on commercial jetliners, are key sources of cash for Boeing because of the drop in deliveries to airlines.
The New York Times
· José María Galante, Dogged Pursuer of Justice for Franco’s Victims, Dies at 71 →
One of his campaigns was to hold the authorities responsible for mishandling the oil spill caused by the sinking of a tanker off the coast of Spain in 2002.