“Target” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Don't Go All Negative On Me →
If the Fed were to pursue a negative Fed Funds target, U.S. short-term rates would surely follow suit.
· Aritzia Inc's (ATZAF) CEO Brian Hill on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Prior to COVID-19 we were on track to exceed our fiscal 2021 targets related to the five-year plan we set out at the time of our IPO.
· Ethiopia's security forces accused of torture, evictions and killings – report →
According to a report by Amnesty International, published on Friday, Ethiopia’s military and police in its two most populous regions arbitrarily detained more than 10,000 people, summarily evicted whole families from their homes – some of which were burnt and destroyed – and in some cases were complicit in inter-communal violence targeting minorities.
· Fan in the stand: NRL fans can pay for cardboard cutouts of their faces to be put on stadium seats →
Strict biosecurity measures introduced in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic exclude fans for now, although the NRL has set an ambitious target date of 1 July to welcome back at least a limited number.
The China Post
· Both businesses and customers conflicted as DC reopens →
At St. Martin’s hair salon, Mitchell said he’s targeting a June 15 reopening date.
· Protective Antibodies To COVID-19 Isolated & Characterized →
In the search for interventions against COVID-19, one potential mode of intervention would be to block viral entry into target cells by blocking the interaction between the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 and the ACE2 receptor on human cells.
The Japan Times
· Front-line health care workers in Japan face discrimination over coronavirus →
Hokkaido, which began soliciting donations from April 24 without any gift in return, hit its target of ¥50 million ($464,000) in just two days.
· Vodafone-Idea share price jumps 15%, Google mulls 5% stake buy in cash-strapped telco →
India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani has stepped up his game as he targets the number one spot.
· Salesforce's (CRM) CEO Marc Benioff on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
As always, we continue to monitor our go-to-market capacity to ensure we allocate the appropriate investments to achieve our targets both this year and in the future.
The New York Times
· Danger and Detective Work: How These Journalists Won a Pulitzer →
But these coordinates aren’t for a military target.