“Tend” in the news
|tend to focus|
|tend to form|
|tend to use|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Camilla news: The surprising link between Camilla and Prince George →
Water signs tend to be emotional and intense, but are also known to be compassionate and intuitive.
· 1H 2020: Factors In Review →
Value stocks, which tend to perform inversely to quality, have significantly lagged.
· Chubb Ltd.: Guidance And Conservative Management Point To Resilience →
The pursuit of margins tends to pressure premiums, and the current period - fueled by concerns of a second coronavirus wave and less traffic - won't benefit some segments (e.g., automobile) and, thus, demand for Chubb's products.
· The novel is dead – again. And this time, it's women who have murdered it →
It did not escape my notice that these writers happen to be women, while the literary God-botherers of the past have tended to be men.
· MLB Summer Camp 2020: Latest Injury News on Adalberto Mondesi, Brandon Morrow →
There had been very little new with respect to his status prior to Chicago's decision to release him, which tends to be an indicator of limited progress.
· How To Retire: Teach Your Children Well →
Psychologists tend to agree that the authoritative style of parenting provides the best environment for children.
· Why farmers' advocate Fiona Simson has little to say to Barnaby Joyce →
But it’s frustrating that we still do tend to get blamed all the time.
· Maaate: why men need to keep their friends →
Why is it that the friendships they do form tend to be with the husbands of their wife’s friends, or the fathers of their children’s friends (“dad friends”), which tend to fade away over time?
· Employers should now always offer working from home as option, Matt Hancock says →
He said one of the main beneficiaries of home working were women as they tend to have more childcare responsibilities, adding: “Evidence shows (flexible working) on average benefits women more than men”.
· A 'force of nature' social worker and a nurse who had found his calling: US healthcare workers who died from Covid-19 →
As the first US surge of Covid-19 emerged in late February, he spent weeks tending to its victims.