“Territory” in the news
|within the territory|
Publications and example sentences
· Pilgrims by Matthew Kneale review – a slyly comic medieval journey →
A landowner has been ordered to make the trip after fighting over territory with a local abbot, but most are following the prickings of their own conscience or wanderlust, as well as hoping to win reduced time in purgatory.
· Explosive claims: Bomb hoax sparks memories of Fireman's hot streak →
With the winter carnival under way and another strong, if not spectacular, Doomben meeting on Saturday, the bomb-hoax drama at Eagle Farm came with a reminder that north of the border was once Fine Cotton territory, and the location for one of the most infamous ring-ins on the Australian turf.
· China faces mounting pressure over Hong Kong security law →
The Chinese parliament's vote came just hours after Washington revoked the special status conferred on Hong Kong, paving the way for the territory to be stripped of trading and economic privileges.
· Southwestern Energy: Bullish On Gas Prices, But Clarity On 2021 Hedges Needed →
What I mean by this is that over the coming months, I believe that gas fundamentals will strongly swing into the bullish territory from the current bearish state.
· Extreme E announces two-day elimination racing format →
The climate-aware series will race all-electric SUVs across five remote territories to raise awareness, and has already signed up several drivers.
· RIP COAG: The national cabinet gets its chance →
The are many factors in this victory but one of them is the way national cabinet has worked so well to harness the forces of federal, state and territory governments.
· U.S. Stock Market Regains Lead As Top Global Performer For 2020 →
Thousands of Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops are reported to have moved into sensitive areas along the eastern Ladakh border, setting up tents and stationing vehicles and heavy machinery in what India considers to be its territory.
· Australia's 'war cabinet' shifts focus to jobs →
Australia has recorded just over 7,100 coronavirus cases and 103 deaths, with new infections under control across all eight states and territories.
· Drones, planes to counter locust attack? Govt set to bring down crop-devouring locust swarm, details here →
Meanwhile, the centre has also raised warnings for other several states and union territories including Uttar Pradesh and Delhi for a possible attack by swarms of crop-eating insects.
The China Post
· Taiwan’s Legislature condemns China law, promotes help for Hong Kongers →
“We hereby express our deep regret and strong condemnation concerning mainland China’s attempts to enforce its version of a national security law in Hong Kong by circumventing the territory’s Legislative Council, as Beijing would be reneging on its promise of ‘a high degree of autonomy’ for 50 years in Hong Kong,” the lawmakers said.