“Test” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Ex-NFLer Justin Bannan Pleads Insanity, Not Guilty to Attempted Murder →
The arrest affidavit said a rolled-up $20 bill found in his possession when he was arrested last year tested positive for cocaine, per Bitler.
· Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Tests Positive For The Coronavirus →
Mike DeWine was tested as part of a protocol to meet with President Trump.
The New York Times
· Three Bon Appétit Journalists of Color Leave the Magazine’s Video Series →
“After 5 weeks of contract negotiations,” Mr. Martinez wrote, “it is clear that I will not get a fair pay rate nor will I get a comparable number of appearances to my colleagues in the test kitchen.
· The best smart beds of 2020, according to sleep experts →
Many of these mattresses come with a three-month free trial, however, giving you ample nights for testing new sleep habits.
· Gen. Charles ‘CQ’ Brown takes over Air Force, makes history as first Black service branch chief →
Seated in the audience as a special guest was Edward Dwight Jr., a former Air Force test pilot who became the nation’s first African American astronaut candidate.
The New York Times
· Experiencing War Far From the Battlefield →
Before the first nuclear test, code-named “Trinity,” Dr. Nolan traveled to Oak Ridge, Tenn., to warn Maj. Gen. Leslie Groves, the chief of the Manhattan Project, about the possibility of contamination by radioactive fallout.
· Two years after bones found, forensic testing narrows down mystery man's identity →
After a number of forensic tests and help from a university in New Zealand, police now hope they are closer to identifying the remains and bringing closure to a family.
· Cronos Group Inc. (CRON) CEO Mike Gorenstein on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We have two partnerships with top cannabis researcher, Dr. Dedi Meiri, through the skincare repair research we are doing at Technion, and through the analytical testing lab on Cronos Israel’s campus called Cannasoul.
· Ohio Gov. DeWine tests positive for coronavirus ahead of Trump's visit →
Mike DeWine tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, on Thursday before he was supposed to meet President Donald Trump for his arrival in Cleveland.
· Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tests positive ahead of Trump visit →
Mike DeWine tested positive Thursday for the coronavirus just ahead a planned meeting with President Donald Trump.