|called to testify||証言するために呼ばれる|
|refused to testify||証言することを拒否した|
· 6 steps you can take to be an activist, no matter your age →
On top of that, Margolin has testified before Congress on her experience growing up amid the negative impacts of climate change.
· SRC trial: Najib’s lawyers go on offensive in oral submissions, points out inconsistencies within prosecution’s case →
Other holes were poked into the prosecution’s case by Harvinderjit, when he pointed that AmBank relationship manager, Krystle Yap, had testified as a witness and affirmed that she received instructions to approve transactions of cash into Najib’s accounts not from the account holder himself but from individuals identified as See Yoke Peng and Geh Choh Heng.
· Lance Armstrong: Did we need another documentary? →
Armstrong followed him, berating the Italian about testifying against Armstrong's controversial performance doctor Michele Ferrari.
The New York Times
· Protests Today: Live Updates and Video →
Stores along some of Manhattan’s most prized shopping streets were ransacked, broken glass littered Fifth Avenue, and boarded-up windows at Macy’s flagship store testified to the looting of the night before.
The New York Times
· The Brilliant Astronomer Who Devised New Tactics to Fight Anti-Gay Bias →
In the early 1960s, he served as adviser to a number of gay civil servants who challenged the loss of their jobs, became the first openly gay person to testify before a (supremely hostile) congressional committee and helped organize the first gay picket in front of the White House.
· Man found guilty of making 12-year-old stepdaughter use sex toy on him as alternative to beating →
She did this until her hand was tired and numb, she testified, before returning to her room.
· History Will Judge Trump’s Enablers Harshly →
So while Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman found the courage to report on the president’s improper telephone call with his Ukrainian counterpart, and Trump’s former deputy assistant Fiona Hill testified against him, top-ranking Republicans remain silent.
· History Will Judge the Complicit →
John Bolton has his own super PAC and a lot of plans for how he wants to use it; no wonder he resisted testifying against Trump.
The Japan Times
· The Korean Council for Justice and Remembrance has lost its way →
This organization rose to prominence through its advocacy on behalf of Kim Hak-sun, the first South Korean to testify as a former comfort woman over the abuses she suffered in the Japanese military brothel system in World War II.
· SRC Trial: Najib's alleged CBT of RM42m SRC funds did not occur, Nik Faisal and Jho Low to be blamed →
He also pointed out how the 57th prosecution witness and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) investigating officer Rosli Husain testified that an Interpol Red Notice was issued to both Nik Faisal and Low on charges to jointly commit CBT.