“This” in the news
|around this time|
|bear this name|
|bears this name|
|during this period|
|during this time|
Publications and example sentences
· George Floyd death: Minneapolis mayor calls for national guard to control protests →
Enter your email to follow new comments on this article.
· Premier League: Every game to be shown on TV when season resumes next month →
“But this date cannot be confirmed until we have met all the safety requirements needed, as the health and welfare of all participants and supporters is our priority.
· ING May Finally Have Found Its Bottom →
I believe whomever the board selects will be starting off from a period of low expectations and healthy capital, and I think the valuation is appealing, but this has been a value trap for quite some time now and that may well be the case for a while longer.
· Boris Johnson gags medical experts to stop them discussing Dominic Cummings row →
Tim Farron, the former Liberal Democrat leader, was among those to express his disbelief, tweeting: “Blimey!
· India trashes Pakistan's objection to commencement of construction of Ram temple →
The commencement of construction of a mandir at the site of the historic Babri Masjid in Ayodhya on May 26, 2020, is another step in this direction and the government and people of Pakistan condemn it in the strongest terms, it said.
· BlackRock secondary offering attracts asset managers, wealth funds - Bloomberg →
Some of the world's largest institutional investors and sovereign funds bolstered their stakes in BlackRock (BLK +1.9%) when PNC Financial sold its $14B holding in the world's largest asset manager earlier this month, Bloomberg reports, citing people familiar with the situation.
· YouTube says China-linked comment deletions weren’t caused by outside parties →
YouTube sparked widespread speculation about its moderation policies this week after it admitted to accidentally deleting comments that contained phrases critical of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
The New York Times
· Tell Us Your Questions About Moving During the Pandemic →
We’ll take your questions to experts for their advice about how to safely relocate during this uncertain time.
The New York Times
· Practicing Architecture in a Pandemic →
The architect Elizabeth Diller typically works with pen on paper, bringing sketches to her West 26th Street studio, where she and her team at Diller Scofidio + Renfro puzzle over how best to realize those plans.