Toll в новостях
|death toll||Число погибших|
|toll plaza||Платная площадь|
|toll road||Платная дорога|
|toll roads||Платные дороги|
|took its toll||Взял свое|
Публикации и примеры предложений
· Coronavirus updates LIVE: Trump defends decision to play golf as toll rises; WHO pauses drug trial amid safety concerns →
US President Donald Trump paid tribute to fallen members of the US military on Monday to mark the Memorial Day holiday, while defending his decision to spend most of the weekend playing golf as the US death toll from the coronavirus outbreak neared 100,000.
· French nursing homes employees take to streets in protest →
France did not publish a new death toll on Monday.
· US marks hushed Memorial Day holiday as COVID-19 deaths near 100,000 →
This year's event is particularly somber because of the rising death toll from COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus, and the economic devastation brought on by the lockdowns imposed in March and April to stem the pandemic.
· Dominic Cummings has shown it's one rule for the establishment, another for everyone else →
Boris Johnson does not believe he can survive without Cummings, not least as the collective sense of loyalty in a crisis wears off, and scrutiny intensifies over how a delayed lockdown and a failure of testing and lack of personal protective equipment led to Europe’s worst death toll.
The China Post
· In Bolsonaro’s Brazil, everyone else is to blame for virus →
Asked about Brazil’s death toll surpassing China’s, he feigned impotence: “I don’t work miracles.
· Non-essential shops to reopen next month, Boris Johnson announces →
Confirmation that the key measure in the government's exit strategy was going ahead came moments after Mr Johnson announced that 121 coronavirus fatalities had been recorded on Sunday, bringing the total official UK death toll to 36,914.
· PM Johnson says Britain could reopen stores on Jun 15 →
Britain's official death toll of 36,914 is Europe's highest.
· Put your car keys down. Your eyes do not deceive you. Dominic Cummings really is the best we've got →
If you’re wondering how we came to have the highest death toll in Europe, quite possibly the most damaged economy and the least idea of a clue how to get out of it all, well, a better look at the man behind the wizard’s curtain might explain it all.
· Ireland reports no new coronavirus deaths for first time since March →
The big picture: Ireland's success in combatting the virus comes as many other countries in Europe — including its neighbor the United Kingdom, which has the second-worst death toll in the world — have struggled with their outbreaks.
· Dominic Cummings refuses to apologise for 400km lockdown trip →
The UK's official coronavirus death toll stands at 36,914.