“Tour” in the news
|tour of duty|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Bank Regulator’s Battle With Anti-Redlining Law Comes to an End →
Last year, he toured multiple cities to talk about the law and listen to community feedback.
· IPO Update: Warner Music Group Proposes IPO Plan →
Additional growth is expected to come from 'diversified services as they capitalize on vertical business opportunities to license brand name products and services, packaging consumer experienced around touring and live music, bundling music services with other online content services and more.'
The China Post
· Mitch McConnell stresses need to wear face masks in public →
During a tour of hospitals this week in his home state of Kentucky, the Republican leader has stressed wearing masks in public and following social distancing guidelines.
· I follow the Moskva: The curious tale of a West German band, a power ballad and the CIA →
In telling the story, Mr Radden Keefe takes the listener on a tour from Kyiv to Langley, stopping at a toy convention in Ohio, a folk-rock show in Armenia and drug stings on the coast of Florida.
· Tui cancels all foreign holidays until 1 July →
Tour operator further extends suspension of excursions due to Covid-19 travel restrictions
· European Tour players set to wear microphones during 'UK Swing' →
European Tour golfers will be encouraged to divulge their innermost thoughts when they resume playing in July.
· Jimmy Cobb obituary →
New York, in the 1980s, worked regularly with Adderley’s cornetist brother Nat, and toured and recorded regularly in the US and Europe in the following decade.
· Andy Gill: Gang of Four to release guitarist's final recordings →
Although Gill’s official cause of death was multiple organ failure and pneumonia, Mayer has said that she suspects that the guitarist – who toured China with Gang of Four in November – may have been an early UK victim of Covid-19.
· Irish Open will take place this year insists European Tour chief Pelley with October date believed likely →
The Irish Open will take place this year, European Tour chief executive Keith Pelley has insisted and it is understood that an October date is being considered.
· With the stage dark due to coronavirus, theatre goes online →
The Phosphoros Theatre Company, made up of refugees, recently finished a tour of the play, Pizza Shop Heroes.