· Flooded with promises, Bihar's 'cycle girl' Jyoti Kumari happy she can return to school →
The Cycling Federation of India has invited her for a trial and if she passes the trial, the teen will be selected as a trainee at the state-of-the-art National Cycling Academy at the IGI Stadium complex in Delhi.
The New York Times
· ‘Stage: The Culinary Internship’ Review: Apprentices With Eclectic Appetites →
To this milieu of edible Surrealism, the film, directed by Abby Ainsworth, applies the standard format of the competition documentary, following unpaid trainees over a nine-month internship (or “stage,” pronounced the French way) at Mugaritz.
· (LEAD) One Army enlistee tests positive for new coronavirus →
The trainee, whose identity was withheld, entered the boot camp located in the southeastern city of Daegu on Tuesday, but he was sent home after he was found to have contracted COVID-19, according to the ministry.
· Virus forces 'paper napkin' makeover at swanky German hotel →
And instead of service with a smile, guests will be greeted by mask-clad trainees, as many of the hotel's experienced 115-strong fulltime staff have been furloughed.
· ‘Train Daddy’ Andy Byford named new TfL commissioner after stint trying to fix New York subway →
Byford joined London Underground as a graduate trainee in 1989 and worked in several management roles before leaving in 2003.