“Treasure” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· “We are correcting the erasure of black lives”: What On the Record’s subjects say about Me Too →
I would say to them, in every storm, there is a treasure in it.
· Groomed review – horrifyingly honest study of abuser and abused →
Small-scale, poetic observation from Paddy’s perspective stands in for the graphic details of abuse, so Paddy describes the grain of the wood that looks “like treasure maps” on a table when he is pushed to the floor and the acne marks on the teacher’s face when he is drawn close.
· iMedia Brands, Inc. (IMBI) CEO Tim Peterman on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Gem Treasures would be our better and Gems en Vogue would be our best.
· Science news in brief: From black hole boomerangs to deadly praying mantises →
It then cascades back and splashes sideways off the centre of the galaxy, sculpting an X in the cosmos, as if marking a treasure.
· How to tell bedtime stories in the age of coronavirus →
Stories about farmers who chase mystical chickens into caves, come upon chests of treasures buried long ago.
· Roman mosaic floor dating back to ‘3rd century AD’ unearthed in Italian vineyard →
“The superintendent will now liaise with the owners of the area and municipality to identify the most appropriate ways of making this archaeological treasure, which has always been hidden beneath our feet, available and accessible.”
· Ancient Roman mosaic floor discovered under vines in Italy →
Pristine ‘archaeological treasure’ near Verona may date to 3rd century AD, say experts
· France names first indigenous director of top museum →
A Kanak from New Caledonia in the Pacific, the expert in Oceanic cultures -- whose treasures form a major part of the museum's collection of indigenous art from Africa, Asia and the Americas -- is a former head of the breathtaking Renzo Piano-designed Jean-Marie Tjibaou Cultural Centre in the New Caledonian capital Noumea.
· (LEAD) Two rare Buddhist treasures fail to sell at high-profile auction →
SEOUL, May 27 (Yonhap) -- High-profile auctions of two ancient Buddhist treasures in Seoul on Wednesday failed to attract any bidders.