“Turn” in the news
|around the turn|
Publications and example sentences
· Gold: Making Its Seasonal Top →
The pattern is turning bullish technically; we have a head and shoulders bottom.
The New York Times
· What Birds Do for Us and What We Can Do for Them →
A lot of us, even those of us who aren’t hard-core birders, are turning more toward our yards and gardens, noting birds and bird activities we’ve never seen before — not because they’re new, necessarily, but because we’ve just never paid such close attention.
· Lumos Pharma's (LUMO) CEO Rick Hawkins on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
I will now turn the call over to Lisa Miller, Director of Investor Relations.
The New York Times
· Covid-19 Lockdown is Ending. Patients Are Still Suffering. →
There had been an outbreak and nearly all of the residents had turned positive.
· Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) CEO Charlie Scharf presents at Bernstein 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference (Transcript) →
The initial part of this crisis did make it a little difficult because the reality is you turn your attention to working, how you're going to sustain operations of the company, how you can get people working from home, where do we have to have people go in the office, how are we going to keep them safe.
· Trump’s Audience of One →
And once elected, Duterte banned independent press from attending his inauguration, instead live-streaming it on Facebook—a win-win for the company, which could then collect data from and serve ads to the millions who had little choice but to turn to the site if they wanted to see their president take office.
· Breonna Taylor’s mother calls for end to violence after seven are shot in protest →
The FBI launched an investigation into Taylor’s killing and the LMPD’s internal investigation was turned over to Kentucky’s attorney general.
· Grupo Supervielle S.A. (SUPV) CEO Jorge Ramirez on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
At this time, I'll turn the call over to Ana Bartesaghi, Treasurer and IRO.
· Flex LNG Ltd (FLNG) CEO Oystein Kalleklev on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
However, market turned more positive in March when China started to resume normal import levels again, and JKM bounced back 30% to $3.5 by mid-March.
· Shining a light on my shame was like turning to face a menacing shadow →
Once I started to shine a light on my shame, it was like turning around to face a menacing shadow.It disappeared.