“Unilaterally” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Trump, Citing Pandemic, Plans Two Moves to Weaken Key Environmental Protections →
“NEPA is a clear directive from Congress to federal agencies that the president cannot ignore or change unilaterally,” he said.
The New York Times
· Trump and Tom Cotton Are Wrong. Don't Send the Military to Protests. →
The president has threatened to unilaterally invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807 to send federal troops into some cities, a move that even his current and past defense secretaries have said is unwarranted.
· Iran president slams Trump's 'shameful' Bible photo op →
Tensions between long-time foes Tehran and Washington soared in 2018 after Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from a landmark nuclear agreement and reimposed crippling sanctions.
· Israeli settlers speak out against US-backed annexation plan →
Even so, some settlers have argued Israel should unilaterally annex territory without agreeing to any of the clauses in Trump’s plan that they see as concessions to the Palestinians.
The China Post
· Netanyahu and settlers clash over West Bank annexation plans →
The annexation plan has also come under harsh criticism from some of Israel’s closest allies, who say that unilaterally redrawing the Mideast map would destroy any lingering hopes for establishing a Palestinian state and reaching a two-state peace agreement.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Times on June 4) →
That is how it looks for the ruling Democratic Party of Korea (DPK) as with its 177 seats the party is seeking to unilaterally open the new National Assembly, Friday.
· Landlords critical as Travelodge prepares to launch CVA plan →
The £1.4bn property investment group, which also owns the theme parks Alton Towers and Thorpe Park, wrote to the business secretary, Alok Sharma, at the end of May to complain that the measures intended to protect vulnerable businesses from aggressive rent collection had “created some unfortunate unintended circumstances” in which certain tenants had unilaterally decided not to pay their rent.
· George Floyd killing shows 'true face' of US: Iran's Khamenei →
Tensions between Tehran and Washington escalated sharply in 2018, after Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from a landmark nuclear agreement and reimposed crippling sanctions.
· NCLAT dismisses plea seeking probe against Ola and Uber on price fixing →
Opposing it,the appellant submitted that Uber unilaterally fixes/ restricts the price leaving Transportation Service Providers (TSPs) and ultimate riders with no choice on pricing as Uber has total control on the pricing.