Hong Kong Free Press
· Now Beijing has broken its word on Hong Kong, how can it be trusted on other int’l commitments? →
These two futures are as stark as night and day, and they illuminate the severity of the deteriorating situation in Hong Kong following an announcement by the CCP that it will unilaterally impose national security legislation on Hong Kong and bypass the authority of the city’s legislative body.
· Iranian scientist deported from US after acquittal in trade secrets case →
The release comes as the Trump administration continues a maximum-pressure campaign targeting Iran after unilaterally withdrawing from Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers in May 2018.
· South Korea to Reopen WTO Complaint Over Japan Trade Curbs →
“It was regrettable that the South Korean side unilaterally made the announcement even though we have maintained dialogues,” he told reporters.
· Trump can bring peace to the West Bank →
The Trump plan, while still making clear that Palestinian statehood remains the goal, for the first time shows the PA there may be a price for its intransigence, and no longer allows it to unilaterally veto any move towards settlement of the conflict.
· Five arrested outside Ipoh hospital for peaceful protest against union-busting move →
“Union members especially worksite committee members have been subjected to deliberate changing of their working hours and shifts unilaterally without prior consent from them.
The New York Times
· Don’t Bar Ex-Offenders From Coronavirus Aid Funds →
The Trump administration unilaterally excluded those with criminal records from loan programs.
· Iran says plane carrying scientist jailed in US has taken off →
Tensions between Tehran and Washington escalated in 2018, after President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from a landmark nuclear agreement and reimposed crippling sanctions on Iran.
· We’ve Now Entered the Final Phase of the Trump Era →
He gave a press conference at 2 p.m. in which he declared that he would terminate relations with the WHO and unilaterally announced a response to China’s actions against Hong Kong.
· Ruling party submits unilateral request for chamber's convocation amid bipartisan row →
The DP is willing to unilaterally go ahead with the necessary appointment of the committee chairmen and the parliamentary leadership, according to party officials.