“Unity” in the news
|national unity government|
Publications and example sentences
· Coronavirus Pandemic: Africa mounts a robust response to COVID-19 →
It is hoped that the unity and cooperation amongst the African countries in the fight against this deadly virus prove him right.
· Fifa president joins Malaysian football personalities in Aidilfitri video greeting →
“Together in unity, we can do this.
The New York Times
· As Trump Pushes for Reopenings, Congregations Choose Safety Over Haste →
“That unity, you cannot dissolve that,” Bishop Eaton said just after signing off from a virtual service on Sunday.
· Netanyahu trial divides Israelis →
Netanyahu, who formed a new unity government earlier this month with former rival Benny Gantz after months of political battle, says he has not done anything wrong.
· Netanyahu lashes out at ‘ludicrous’ graft charges as trial begins →
The veteran premier, who has just forged a unity government after over a year of political turmoil, now faces the next challenge—being the country’s first premier to face criminal charges while in office.
· Is Libya's Khalifa Haftar on the way out? →
In the leaked video of his meeting with tribal elders, Saleh said his plan, which includes the resumption of peace talks and formation of a new unity government, had the backing of Moscow and Cairo, some of Haftar's key supporters.
· Some of Israel's Lebanon veterans still searching for help →
The last commander to leave was Benny Gantz, who is now the defence minister and is scheduled to switch roles with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in 18 months under their unity government deal.
· Benjamin Netanyahu appears in court on corruption charges →
Netanyahu chaired the first official cabinet meeting of his new unity government, sworn in a week ago on Sunday morning.
· Netanyahu stands trial on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust →
Netanyahu’s appearance in court on Sunday comes a week after Israel’s new unity government was sworn in, sealing his grip on power for another 18 months at least.
· Israel's Netanyahu, saying he's 'standing tall', goes on trial on corruption charges →
Netanyahu, 70, was required to appear for the session in Jerusalem District Court, a week after his new unity government was sworn in.