“Unprecedented” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Morning mail: Lancet retracts Covid-19 paper, Floyd memorial, walking with wombats →
Meanwhile, a movement to reduce law enforcement budgets across the US has attracted “unprecedented” support, including from legislators, with advocates saying reinvesting the money in services would be a powerful way to reverse police brutality and killings.
· Vaccinate Your Investments From Pandemic Market Swings With The Vanguard Wellington And Wellesley Funds →
Despite the rapid market crash that was accompanied by an unprecedented loss of business due to mandated store closures and the staggering record-high unemployment, the broad stock market indices have rapidly recouped a large portion of their losses to close out the month of May.
· Change Healthcare Inc. (CHNG) CEO Neil de Crescenzo on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
As you'll hear when we review our solid fourth quarter performance and our views on FY ’21, the fundamental strengths of our market position, core franchises and our innovation engine, along with prudent financial management have served us well in this unprecedented shock.
· Celebrities, politicians flock to George Floyd’s memorial service in Minneapolis →
The new charges in Minneapolis punctuated an unprecedented week in recent American history, in which largely peaceful protests took place in communities of all sizes but were rocked by bursts of violence, including deadly attacks on officers, theft, vandalism and arson.
· Hickenlooper refuses to testify virtually to state ethics commission despite subpoena →
Those deaths followed unprecedented spikes in gun purchases in March, a trend that continued in April.
· The J. M. Smucker Company (SJM) CEO Mark Smucker on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
In March, the COVID-19 pandemic led to stay at home orders across the world, which resulted in unprecedented demand as consumers loaded their pantries and consumed more food and beverages at home.
· The Toro's (TTC) CEO Rick Olson on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
I’d like to provide more color on some of the actions we’ve taken so far to maintain our strength of the company, given the unprecedented speed and depth of the pandemic.
· Lebanon MP: Protesters outside officials' homes should be 'shot' →
Protest groups that were born out of Lebanon's unprecedented anti-establishment uprising of October 2019 have held dozens of demonstrations outside the homes of officials and businessmen they deemed to be corrupt.
· AutoCanada, Inc. (AOCIF) on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We'd also like to thank our OEM partners and our strategic partners for the significant support you've provided us during these unprecedented times.
· PJSC LUKOIL (LUKOY) Management on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The pandemic has caused demand for hydrocarbons to plunge on an unprecedented scale leading to inventory buildup and sending oil prices tumbling to their 20-year lows.