“Urge” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Tourist spots face quotas →
She also said movie-goers are not prohibited from eating popcorn and soft drinks in cinemas, but they have been urged to take precautions and wear masks all the time.
· Police arrested in Mexico after riots over man’s death →
The president urged Mexico’s national human rights commission to join the investigations into Lopez’s death.
· Reddit CEO honors Alexis Ohanian's request to fill his seat with a black board member →
Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian announced Friday that he would resign from his board seat and urged the company to replace him with a candidate who is black.
· Sunday trading laws could be relaxed to help economy recover from coronavirus crisis →
Supermarket bosses have previously urged the government to relax the legislation — which limits larger shops to only serving customers for six hours on Sundays — to ease queues and overcrowding.
· Why One Bears Camp QB Battle Is Not Enough →
When everyone was urging the Bears to sign Broc Rutter, the North Central quarterback who led his team to the NCAA Division III title before he signed with the 49ers, Erdmann was going undrafted.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Times on June 6) →
Finally we urge both Seoul and Tokyo to compromise over the thorny issues related to the fraught history.
· Tens of thousands march to demand Mali leader steps down →
The RFP yesterday also urged the “implementation of all necessary actions” to release kidnapped opposition leader Somaila Cisse.
· Trump says US economy ‘largely’ over Covid-19 pandemic, as EU eyes border openings →
Trump, who is eyeing re-election in November, has repeatedly urged US states to ease shut-in measures — often against the counsel of medical experts — as he seeks to kickstart the economy, with tens of millions of jobs already wiped out.
The New York Times
· Frustration and Fury as Rand Paul Holds Up Anti-Lynching Bill in Senate →
It passed the House this year by a vote of 410 to 4, and has the backing of 99 senators, who have urged support for belated federal recognition of a crime that once terrorized black Americans.
· Goodell: NFL was wrong not to encourage players to protest peacefully →
I've resigned as a member of the reddit board, I have urged them to fill my seat with a black candidate, + I will use future gains on my Reddit stock to serve the black community, chiefly to curb racial hate, and I’m starting with a pledge of $1M to @kaepernick7’s @yourrightscamp