“Various” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Apple Hospitality REIT: Patience Is A Virtue →
As soon as it became clear that this is not going to go away quickly the REIT undertook various efforts to preserve capital and mitigate or soften the impact of COVID-19, most notably the following corporate measures:
· 'Many will starve': locusts devour crops and livelihoods in Pakistan →
Rahoo said the federal government had ignored various requests to spray pesticide from the air, something he said the Sindh state government did not have the resources to do.
The China Post
· Taiwan to offer assistance to Hong Kong People: President Tsai →
“In face of the changing situation, the international community has proactively stretched out a helping hand to Hong Kong’s people,” Tsai wrote before hinting at various options.
The Japan Times
· Cultivating well-being while working from home →
The Swedish furniture behemoth offers various home office options, from ergonomic chairs to desks, storage and even plants.
· Domestic flight service resumes: Students, migrants take the first flight home after lockdown →
But it will be a muted affair as so many homeless and hungry migrants who cannot afford to travel on train or flight are still stuck in various parts of the country.
· Always wanted to try intermittent fasting? Here's where to start →
The key is identifying which of the various fasting methods will best suit your lifestyle and be sustainable long term.
· Austria's president apologises for Covid-19 curfew breach – as it happened →
“It has been a long day of hard negotiations with various state government to recommence civil aviation operations in the country ...
· India domestic flights to resume, but Covid-19 cases rise →
“It has been a long day of hard negotiations with various state government to recommence civil aviation operations in the country.....Domestic flights will recommence across the country from tomorrow,” he said.
· Rich, but household debt is growing: A time bomb for South Korea? →
South Korean households are piling up debt for various reasons, from overspending on credit cards to unemployment to gambling losses.
· Goodbye office: Is the future of work in our homes? →
Various surveys thus far have showed different perspectives towards working from home.